Wednesday 7 December 2011

42,000 words

Another milestone passed on the journey to the completion of the first draft. And I've also seen how its going to end. For a long time I wasnt really able to imagine this. The story was unfolding with twists and turns. I couldnt be sure of exactly where it was going. But now I see the ending, or at least I think I can. I also know some of the steps that the story will take to get there. But as has happened all along, new scenes and developments arise in an organic way. The process of putting your ideas into the characters heads and mouths leads them into things that you didnt really envisage. And this is exactly one of the features that makes writing such an enjoyable activity - as well as being compulsive, frustrating, unsettling, etc.

NB to make a comment, click on the title of this post and a comments box appears

No comments:

Post a Comment