Thursday 23 May 2013

Balmoral Show


This was the first time I had been to a large agricultural show. I found it fascinating: so many different animals, from huge Aberdeen Angus bull's to furry little rabbits. And every type of breed too: I saw so many strange sheep, including some that were all black apart from a white stripe down their nose.



 
I had a free ticket because Kabosh Theatre were doing a show called Inventors in a pop-up barn beside the cattle sheds. It was a series of short pieces on 19th Century Irish inventors, done in Music Hall style. We sat on bales of straw and watched the witty and wacky show, filled with songs and props as quirky as the inventors they were depicting.

Outside I roamed again and became engrossed in the show jumping. I stood right next to one of the fences and watched horses and riders soar over. A great day out.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment