Friday 1 January 2016

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Thank you very much for all your care and concern. It's great to be back home and to read your many messages of support. Thankfully, I'm continuing to improve and feel I'm getting a bit better every day. I'm going for wee walks, eating meals and plenty of Christmas goodies but I don't seem to be putting on weight yet. I lost around ten pounds in hospital, the 'eat nothing for weeks' diet does work but is not really to be recommended.

T and I postponed our Christmas to when I felt ready to celebrate it.. Yesterday became both Christmas and New Years Eve; today is both Christmas and New Years Day. We followed the German tradition and had our Christmas dinner and opened our presents last night. We began the festivities by lighting special German Christmas candles on the tree at sunset. It's been lovely.

I fell asleep around 11pm and that was a good way to see the old year out. It would be great for me if 2016 is more uneventful. And in particular, let's hope that renal cell carcinoma won't be darkening my door again.

Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year. 

May 2016 bring you what you are hoping for.

love

Paul xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment