Thursday 29 December 2016

Yuletide

I hope you all have had a lovely Christmas. And if it hasn't been lovely, I hope it hasn't been too difficult. I know exactly how it feels not to have a happy Christmas. Indeed, last year I was in hospital after major abdominal surgery.

This year T and I have had a very happy and relaxed time at home. We ate duck, turkey and gammon with chestnut stuffing. We drank mulled wine and champagne. We scoffed mince pies, Christmas cake, Baklava, dates, chocolate and nuts. We sat around our large tree and enjoyed plenty of good presents from family, friends and neighbours. And we slept in, often not rising until noon.

It has been a time of indulgence and celebration: giving thanks that I am not where I was a year ago; giving thanks that I have come through two recurrences of my cancer.

In-between all the sleeping, eating and relaxing we managed a few local walks, giving Rex, the farm dog, a present of extra biscuits. He was happy to see us, as usual, and rolled over in the farmyard to get his throat, ears and belly rubbed.

We got so relaxed that we almost forgot that we were going away for Hogmanay. So we have been frantically packing.

Wishing you and yours a healthy and fruitful New Year.

I'm wishing for a cancer free 2017.

Paul xxx







2 comments:

  1. May 2017 be happy and healthy for you, Paul. ��

    marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marion. I hope your year is every bit as good as it can be.

      Paul

      Delete